Greenbelt Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Where is the Greenbelt?
A: The Greenbelt trail runs through several municipalites and the city of Harrisburg. Click one the links below to see maps:
Q: Where can I park to use the Greenbelt?
A: The Greenbelt has several parking spots at trail heads:
- There is a trail head at the Visting Nurse Association of Central PA at 3315 Derry Street in Harrisburg.
- There are also several spaces near the Five Senses Garden on Route 441 behind the Harrisburg East Mall.
- There is a parking area across the street from Quigley's Hotel and Restaraunt at 1517 S. Cameron Street.
- In Penbrook, there are a couple of spaces at the end of the Paxtang Parkway, at the intersections of Market Street, 25th Street and Union Deposit Road.
Q: What can I do to help ?
A: CAGA is always excited to make new friends ! The continued care and feeding of the trail is a BIG job that requires hard work, talent and energy of all kinds, so there are many ways you can help. Simply becoming a member adds to the funds available for maintaining the trail. Donations are an excellent way to provide a lasting tribute to memorialize a loved one, or to provide an alternative to the greeting card ! However, if you would like to become more involved by contributing some of your time, there are a variety of ways to become involved in your particular area of interest. You can:
- Help with trail maintenance
- Help with various projects on work days
- Provide snacks for workers on work days
- Contribute to the newsletter
- Write press releases for media
- Serve as a contact for the media
- Help organizing trail events
- Photograph and/or chronicle the ongoing development of the trail
- Maintain the CAGA archives
- Or volunteer your talent in some other way.
Click below for a membership form or to see the current goings on !!.
Q: How can I contact CAGA ?
A: We love to hear from you!! and there are several ways to stay in touch. Click here for our contact details.
Q: How much are CAGA dues ?
A: $10 per year for individuals and families. $50 per year for business memberships.
Q: When (and where) does the CAGA meet ?
A: Business meetings are held at 6:30 p.m. on the third Wednesday of every month at the new Giant on Linglestown Road in Harrisburg.