Capital Area Greenbelt
The trail is a 20 mile loop through and around Harrisburg. It passes along the Susquehanna River through Riverfront Park, through wooded areas, urban offices, residential areas, and scenic parks, including Reservoir Park and Wildwood Park. Parts of the trail share the road, but most of the loop is on dedicated paths. Most of the trail is paved but portions are gravel or crushed stone.
- Plenty of parking is available on City Island. Connect to the Greenbelt via the Walnut Street ped/cycle bridge.
- Parking is available in Stabler Park on Kaby Street just south of Linglestown Road in Susquehanna Township.
- Wildwood Park offers many parking options.
- Parking is available at Veteran’s Park in Susquehanna Township. Connect to the trail extension via the switch backs behind the equipment garage.
- Parking is available in Reservoir Park.
- In Penbrook, there are a couple of spaces at the top of the Paxtang Parkway, at the intersections of Market Street, 25th Street and Union Deposit Road.
- There is a trail head at the Visiting Nurse Association of Central PA at 3315 Derry Street in Harrisburg.
- There are also several spaces near the Five Senses Garden on Route 441 behind the Harrisburg East Mall.
- There is a parking area across the street from Quigley’s Hotel and Restaurant at 1517 S. Cameron Street.